Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 3

Day 3: Morning

I love our little apartment here.
Something you may not know is that the outside of our home in wonderful too.
The community garden is right behind our house
so during the spring and summer, we frequently had people to talk to as they tended 
to their gardens.
Everyone seemed to meet and mingle there.
Swapping veggies and giving different tips on how to get the best tomatoes.
There were sunflowers against the fence and cute yet tall tepees for different beans to grow on.
Now that winter is starting to creep we are starting to get a different type of company.


I found this little girl outside with a big male deer this morning.
The guy walked off, which was a shame since he had a great rack of antlers.
But she sat there staring at me from the kitchen.
(Sorry it's such a bad shot, I was doing a paparazzi move through the blinds as Madeleine tugged on my pants for breakfast.)

This guy was our "pet".


He visited the garden daily until it got cold.
Tiny and I would just sit there watching him as we ate our breakfast in the morning.
He's probably the closest thing we'll ever get to a pet.

I'm so excited for winter.
We had three whole months of beautiful fall weather.
Even today was lovely outside.
Baby and I hung out with some of our friends.
She bit sticks with her friends
 as we madres swapped techniques of how to get groceries and a baby from the car to the house.
Winter is on the horizon though.
I saw snow mentioned in our 10 day forecast
and for once, I really can't wait.

PS. If you don't know what this is about, I'm doing an instagram photo challenge. Click here for Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment