Thursday, November 21, 2013

Update on Madeleine's room

We changed it from a baby room to a toddler room.

2 weeks later I figured I'd update you all on how it's going.

She does sleep on her bed,
but she gets out of it too.

I really don't mind that she gets up though,
 because if she's still half asleep or tired, she'll stay in bed.
 If she wakes up and needs us, she'll crawl to the door and open it.
(I usually open it a crack after she falls asleep so that she can open it.)
She usually only does it once or twice a night,
which is an improvement from even a month ago.



When she is tired, she can put herself to sleep. 
But she has to be really tired to actually fall asleep on her bed without us prompting her.
Usually what happens for naps, she'll start playing on her bed and blankets
 letting me know that it's time to sleep.


Her favorite part of the room?
The table.
Hands down, no competition.
She pushes that thing all over the room all the time.
Matt and I will be lying in bed and hear it moving in the early hours of the morning.
I'll take that noise any day over crying.

I'm happy that we took a chance on this project,
so far it's paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment