Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Bent Spoon

Princeton is a pretty snazzy little town, and lucky for us the university likes its grad students.
The other day they had free ice cream at "The Bent Spoon"


Apparently, it's a big deal.
Like it has been ranked one of the top ten ice cream places in the country.
(And it's only a mile from us!)
When I looked over the counter, I saw buckets of strawberries, chocolate, raspberries, and other fresh produce, just waiting in line to be made into ice cream.

Each little scoop cost $4.50.
They gave us testing spoons to eat it with to make us feel like we had more.
But it worked for me, because the double dark chocolate we got was GOOD. 
It was so rich and bittersweet.
It was so creamy. 
By the end of my little scoop, I was pretty glad there wasn't more.
(Milk anyone?)

(They had awards all over that place!)

They had more adventurous flavors like basil and mango.
The raspberry looked so beautiful.
Next time I think I'm going to try it. 

Since they sold cupcakes too, logically we had to try one.
Their cupcakes were awesome too.
Maybe even as good as the House of Cupcakes which was down the street.
(We hit up the local cupcake shop within the first week we moved in. I'll blog about them as soon as I have photos. We kind of ate them before we got home.)

But anyway the ice cream was so good, we gave some to Madeleine.


I think she liked it?
She kept making this face and then opening her mouth for more.
Right next door there is a huge Ann Taylor (!) and a chocolate shop.
Needless to say, we will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment