Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Award thing of some sort

Matt and I read a book called "Where Mild Things Are" at the library a few weeks ago to Baby.

It was quite an awful book. Each time we turned a page, it got less and less funny, which logically means the cover was the best page.


Where the Mild Things Are: A Very Meek Parody

Matt and I both appreciated the award on the book.
"Winner of the Cheap Gold Sticker"

It was poking fun at how every book seems to have some type of prize.
Just like you "graduate" from each grade.

"Helen: I can't believe you don't want to go to your own son's graduation.
Bob: It's not a graduation. He is moving from the 4th grade to the 5th grade.
Helen: It's a ceremony!
Bob: It's psychotic! They keep creating new ways to celebrate mediocrity, but if someone is genuinely exceptional..."

So yeah, in celebration of mediocrity, a while back I got a blogging award!
It's called the Liebster Award


Tada!!

I have a Junie B. Jones quote to go along with this to show just how excited I am.

"I've never been first or won anything before! Not ever, ever, never! And so what is my prize for winning?"
"How about a broken piece of chalk and a yellow rubber band? Mrs. asked"
"Sold!"

The person who nominated me is my friend Natashya.
Her blog is wonderful, and it happens to be one of two blogs that Matt reads.
It's http://thoseweirdheims.blogspot.com, and you should check it out, 
because it really is quite delightful.

As part of the receiving this award, you get to answer question about yourself.

11 Questions

1. What is your favorite color?
I'm just "slightly" obsessed with blue, especially french blue. It's my favorite color. It's so bold, beautiful, and romantic all at once, which really does make it the best color ever. (And everyone knows you get your kitchen aid in your favorite color. Sadly they don't make french blue anymore...just cobalt and other shades of blue. I told Matt if mine ever dies we are just replacing the motor so I can keep the color.) 

                                             

2. What is your favorite time of the year?
I really love fall. I love cuddling up by a window with a book and hot chocolate. It's not so cold that you can't hold hands and you get to kick and crunch leaves. It became even more special because that's when Matt and I started dating. He thinks of it as the season that he fell in love with me, which is really quite romantic.

3. Do you have a Disney princess with whom you identify? Why?
I did identify with Belle. But then I married Matt...and he isn't very Beastly. So now I think I'm more like Anastasia (from the movie...not real life). Only thing is she isn't a Disney princess...so...I'll just hope they make another movie that fits me just right.

4. What is your favorite genre of reading material?
Children's books, I fairly consistently I love those. One of the very first things Matt and I do in any new place is find a used bookstore.
But I really do read all sorts of books. Right now I'm reading Oliver Twist and 

NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children.


5. What is your favorite thing to make (be it food, craft, drink, music, or whatnot)?
Babies. You get to poke them in your belly and after they are born. You get a lot of random weird comments from people and get to have "cravings" for whatever you want. I mean I've only made one so far and she turned out pretty cute. 

Other than that...desserts.

6. What do you think is your best feature?
My fingernails. They are really quite gorgeous.

7. What luxury item do you most want?
I'm going to cheat. I have 2. 
1) a claw foot bathtub with a chandelier above it.
2) a butler pantry

8. Why do you enjoy blogging?
I basically use it to remember the good things that happen in our lives. It makes me more grateful and helps me find something positive even on really gloomy days.

9. Who is your hero, past or present?
The Queen Mum or Coco Chanel. The Queen Mum helped lead Britain through WWII and Coco Chanel invented the little black dress.

10. What is your favorite thing to wear and why?
Dresses...and to quote my 2 year old self "Because they are twirly." The reason hasn't change much since then. I also love wearing my wedding ring. It sparkles and it reminds me of Matt which makes me happy.

11. If you could be in any book, which would it be?
Magic Tree house book (any of them) but is that too much like asking a genie for more wishes? If so, probably Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows (7th book), because after Voldermort is dead, having magic would be a pretty sweet gig.  

11 random facts about me
1. I love linens. We own enough for a 4 bedroom house.
2. I hate the color orange.
3. Matt buys me sunflowers and so they are all over our home.
4. I'm a starter not a finisher.
5. I'm currently learning about opera in my free time.
6. I own 6 aprons and use them all the time.
7. I count grocery shopping as one of my hobbies. 
8. I'm quite vain about my nails.
9. I have a bucket list for each decade of my life.
10. I hate getting up when Matt isn't up in the morning. It really irritates me.
11. I can't grow anything to save my life.

I don't follow many small blogs, so I don't think I'll nominate anyone, but here are some you should check out.

1. A blog about love. This is without doubt my favorite blog. I love reading it. Their love story is to swoon for. She so far has posted 41 post of emails and pictures of them falling in love. It's like a movie I tell you. I read it when I can't find a good chickflick. On top of that, Mara writes some of the most inspirational blog post I've read. Checking her blog is part of my daily routine, and I highly highly recommend it. 

2. Bright Bazaar. I've been following Will for ages. His blog was the very first one I followed. I love his style and everything is so bright and happy. I love that he deals with a lot of small spaces and I'm constantly inspired by his eye for beauty. 

3. The Glamorous Housewife I was reading through Home and Garden magazine I think, and I saw photos of her house. I fell so in love with it that I found her blog and instantly I knew I could be friends with her. She likes all things vintage, but it's different than most of the vintage stuff on pinterest. I think it's a bit more fun. She has recipes, advice, clothing, tablescapes etc. and I love all of them.

4. Her Romantic Mind This is my friend Catherine's blog. I love reading her blog. It is cute and she updates it regularly. Her little boy is so adorable.

5. Women Living Well This is a more religious blog. Courtney is a preacher's wife and blogs about spiritual things. I don't agree with everything she writes, but a lot of the time I feel a bit more inspired to be a better person. I like her writing style and the simplicity of many of her messages. 

So tada! I'm done. :) Let me know if you read or check out any of these blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment