Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gilmore Girls

Matt and I got our free month of netflix for two reasons...

1) Sherlock.

2) Gilmore girls

We have one month to get through all of the episodes of both shows.
We crossed off Sherlock early last week. We are both big fans. Steven Moffat does such a better job of writing Sherlock than Dr. Who in my opinion and we loved ate it up.

And last night we started the Gilmore Girl marathon. It's been great. Madeleine and I picked up Matt and then we all biked to Trader Joe's to stock up on junk food and cheese. We basically threw Madeleine in bed before cozying on up on the bed. I forgot how much I like this show.  I've fallen all in love with Dean again and Chad Michael Murray is such a great guy to look at and hate. Also, it's funny. I have a new found respect for Lorelai now that I'm a mom. 

I watched it until 2:00 AM when Matt shut and hid my computer so I couldn't watch anymore. 

So in celebration...here are a few of my very favorite quotes from each episode thus far.

1:1
Dean: Last Friday these two guys were tossing around a ball and one guy nailed the other right in the face. I mean, it was a mess, blood everywhere, the nurse came out, the place was in chaos, his girlfriend was all freaking out, and you just sat there and read. I mean, you never even looked up. I thought, "I have never seen anyone read so intensely before in my entire life. I have to meet that girl.

1:2
Miss Patty (to her students): Walk smooth. That's the new Harry Potter on your heads. If they should drop, Harry will die and there won't be any more books.

(Okay this episode gets two quotes, I couldn't choose)
Lorelai : Are you sure? My days of the week underwear only go till Thursday.

1:3
Michel: To me you are the teacher in the Charlie Brown cartoon

1:4
Lorelai: Hey, Backwards baseball hat...new look for you. (Looking over at Rory) She's eating pie? Did she eat dinner?
Luke: You raised her. I just serve.


1:5
Lorelai: I repeat the question, why should we date?
Max: Because we are clearly attracted to each other.
Lorelai: Well, I'm attracted to pie, doesn't mean I feel the need to date pie

1:6

    Emily: What's a Sookie?
    Lorelai: (pointing to Sookie) That's a Sookie.


    1:7
    Lorelai: Are you crazy? You can't watch Willy Wonka without massive amounts of junk food! It's not right. I won't allow it. We're going in.


    1:8
    Taylor: Well, excuse me, Andrew, but some of us have businesses to run that don't involve peddling drug paraphernalia to kids. 
    Andrew: It was a lava lamp, Taylor. 
    Taylor: There is no use for a lava lamp unless you're on drugs.

    Anyway I'm going to be distracted until I get through six out of seven season of Gilmore Girls. In high school I made a vow not to watch the last season, so I can just pretend whatever happy ending that I want up. It works so much better that way in my head.

    Anyway are you a fan of Gilmore Girls? If not, what movies and tv shows should I watch during our one month subscription to Netflix?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment