Monday, February 10, 2014

Sleep Training Paid Off

I woke up sick today.
All my joints are hurting and my throat felt like it was on fire.
Matt asked if I would be okay.
The truth is it doesn't really matter if I was or not,
we both know that Monday is one of his long days.
Going to work really isn't optional.

Madeleine's little head peaked over the side of my bed.
She figured out  a while back that she can climb on the bed frame and look up onto the bed.
She gave me a big smile before trying to throw her bottle on the bed.
She was hungry.
I knew it. She knew it. It's part of our routine.
8:00 is breakfast.

I just had to get through two hours.
Madeleine played in her room while I got myself meds and breakfast.

Then at 10:15, she curled up asleep on her bed.
It was nap time.
She didn't need me to put her down.
She did it herself.


I laid in my bed looking at her from my room.
I'm so grateful that she's my baby and that she is learning to be independent.
I took a picture before shutting the door and taking a nap myself.
Two hours later I heard a few maraca shakes.
She was up but that was okay, I was ready for her.

It's hard to believe that all those awful sleepless nights and days, paid off.
Honestly, I thought this day would never happen.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for you! Hooray for Madeleine! And a hint--if she is familiar with the concept of bandaids, tell her you are sick and give her a few pieces of masking tape as bandaids to put on you, pull off, and put on again while you like there. I could occasionally keep Richard occupied for half an hour that way.

    ReplyDelete