Friday, May 10, 2013

A Farewell to Cambridge

On April 29th, Matt and I said goodbye to our first apartment almost 2 weeks ago.

It was really hard for me.

After almost 2 years living there that apartment had gone through a lot with us.

June 28, 2011 My parents' basement flooded, which had all of our things in it. We showed up to the office and asked them if we could move in the next day. They said sure, but your apartment isn't ready yet but there is another one. After discussing it for a few minutes, we decided that #150 was going to work just fine for us.

July 4, 2011 Matt and I spent hours on the floor of our apartment talking and putting on tiny tiny jewels all over our wedding invitations.

August 11, 2011 Matt came over and ironed all of our temple clothes in preparation to our wedding day. I remember looking at him and thinking how lucky I was going to marry him.

August 12, 2011 I woke up at 4:30 AM, I got ready for my wedding. As I did my hair, Matt came in and made breakfast for me. It seemed so natural that morning for us to share that space together. A few hours later as we got sealed in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, my heart was completely at peace as I thought back to that morning.

August 23, 2011 We finally got home from our honeymoon and reception. While Matt and I both loved traveling, we were so so excited to get back to our home. I called it my "house of dreams" later looking back.

October 2, 2011 We listened to conference while painting all the doors in our home. I was mid-stroke when Elder Neil Andersen's talk came on about children, and we both knew it was the answer to my question about what the heck to do with my life.

May 1, 2012 I cried against the bathroom door as I held a positive pregnancy test. Then I proceeded to rip apart the house trying to find my cell phone to call Matt. (I didn't find it for another week)

December 25, 2012 I cuddled with Matt lamenting that our baby would never come while enjoying the last Christmas of just the two of us.

December 26, 2012 I poked Matt awake at 6 am telling him I thought there might be a small chance that I might be in labor.

December 28, 2012 We brought our baby home.

March 25, 2012 Matt decided we were moving to Princeton, and I danced around the living room with Baby.

 And those are just the major days of that time. That apartment also served as a backdrop to our fights, DIY projects that didn't quite turn out as planned, dancing in the kitchen, quietly doing homework together on the bed. So many sweet memories happened.

The day we moved out, different friends stopped by. Our sweet next door neighbor Marco stayed with us, until we shut the door.
I had such a hard time saying good-bye. Even though I am excited to move on to our next adventure, leaving our home was so bittersweet.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously . . .you guys are going to love Princeton!! I'll miss you guys terribly, but we'll see each other again next year when we race here again!! :)