Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pets!

A week ago, our apartment complex had a parade of homes. I walked through feeling amazed at how people transformed the same space we had into little glamorous areas. I came home feeling like I should make my home cuter. This week that all changed, because of this picture.
Water between our windowpanes
Water had collected between our windowpanes over the last few weeks! Lucky for us, it isn’t leaking, but Matt and I laughed so hard when we saw this. How in the world did that happen?

I told my friend Natashya about our window, and she wrote an awesome and amusing blog post about it. You can read it here.

And in it, she drew this picture (but really you should just read her post, the whole thing is great)
Her idea what our window should look like
Then we noticed our fish had arrived!
Bertie and Martha!!!
Which lead to our living room window to now look like this…(the fish are just too cool)
Federico and Jorge 
I love it. It makes me laugh every time I see it, and I think how lucky I am that my husband and my friend thinks it‘s funny too.

So the reason I am grateful I do not have a Parade of Homes apartment is if I had a really gorgeous and elegant apartment, my fish tank window would be completely out of place...but in my home, it fits in great. We now are proud owners of 4 new paper fish, Bertie and Martha and Federico and Jorge.

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment