Monday, March 31, 2014

March in review

This month we set lots of goals. Read a lot of books, and went on several adventures...
so here's a review of our month

Books
Les Miserables: I'm not even close to finishing this book, but I'm loving it (I wasn't expecting that). There are so many beautiful quotes and I find his writing style quite interesting. Unlike the novels of today that do extremely quick character development, Victor Hugo spends his sweet time building up his characters. It's a refreshing change, and his word choice is stunning. I have several favorite quotes, but the one that I've been thinking about the most is "...the word which God's finger writes on the brow of every man, the word Hope."

The World is Flat: I read this as a freshman in college. Matt and I are currently listening to it on cd.

Baby Knows Best: A parenting book that is completely different than attachment parenting. It's an interesting parenting style. I hated somethings in it and loved others.

The Alchemist: One of my favorite books of all time. Matt and I are reading it in spanish...very, very slowly.

Mayim's Vegan Table: A quick overview on veganism for the family. I liked the gentle approach the others take. I didn't feel like they were judging me for being a carnivore. 

Vegan for Her: I didn't like this one as much, but it was okay.

Spark: How creativity works: This book has a lot of interviews of different artist. Since I'm not very pop culture savvy, I needed google as a companion.

Archer's Goon: I don't know anything about this book, since Matt is reading this one to Madeleine right now. Apparently he loves it, and Tiny will sit through him reading it, despite the fact there are no pictures.

Movies
Frozen: I hated it. At the end of the movie, I didn't really care about any of the characters. Also...it was a sister movie that I had zero desire to take my sister too. Their relationship didn't make sense at all to me. The movie also felt like they were trying to cram way too many plots into one movie. The one thing I did love about it was the clothes. I'm sure the dolls will be beautiful.
Austinland: I loved every bit of this movie. It made me laugh. I should probably read this book at one point, since I love the author.

Places

Goals
Unclutter house some more: We did this one! We got rid of so much of our stuff!
Spring Cleaning!: Winter came back for a bit...so I only got half of it done
Eat more vegetarian food: Kind of did this. We've been eating more healthy, but mainly I just read about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment