Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lies "The Little Mermaid" taught my wife

Get this. The other night, we went to the Red Lobster and ordered a plate that included shrimp scampi, scallops and stuffed flounder. Considering how far we are from the nearest ocean, it was pretty good. Michele especially liked the flounder and made some comment about them being "cute." Huh? I thought to myself, Cute?

After some discussion, I ascertained that Michele's perception of a 'flounder' was the following:


"Oh, no!" I said, "You've been horribly deceived! Flounders actually look like this:"


I realize that my timing was off. Michele probably did not want to learn that her cute fish friend was actually a demented-looking bottom feeder while she was eating it.

I tried to reason with Michele. Why would she want to eat a cute fish? And if it were ugly, what better purpose could it serve? In the end, we agreed that our favorite version of the flounder was this:


1 comment: