Thursday, June 18, 2015

Bye Butler

We turned in the keys today to our Butler home today.


 We've been living at our new place for a week. 

We lived here for two years. As this blog can tell you, this was a great home to us. It gave us summer days on the back porch and a yard to make snowmen in. Madeleine learned to walk here and all of us enjoyed the shade of the oak tree in the backyard.

Matt had me do the final walk through. When I opened the door for the last time, the house echoed. It was strangely empty. 


I thought I would be more sad about leaving, but I don't know if it was the tick that fell on me when I opened the door or the fact I already know where we living next, but I was okay with shutting that door one last time.

Bye 222E Halsey St., you were a good home. I wish another family got to live there after us, instead of being knocked down.



3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I would have burned it down myself if it dropped a tick on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously...it's been tick central here in New Jersey this year! Luckily, the new place is just dirt.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your move. You sound ready!

    ReplyDelete