Monday, May 12, 2014

Sweet Gifts

Last year for Mother's Day, Matt was so good at surprising me that I had a break down and cried because I thought he had forgot. Madeleine was five months old, and I told Matt that I did deserve some recognition because this motherhood thing was just so hard. And even if Mother's Day was just a halmark holiday, I still wanted extra love and attention so that I knew that someone appreciated me, because Madeleine sure didn't act like she did.  (Little did I know that Madeleine would become a much easier baby in a matter of days. haha)

Looking back at those thoughts just make me smile. I've grown so much in this last year. This year mother's day really was a celebration. Madeleine is a cute little sixteen month old who is happy and usually pretty sweet. Having a celebration for Mother's day wasn't nearly as important this year as last year, but Matt still surprised me and went out of his way to make it a great day. 

Matt was such a sweet husband. Despite the fact he didn't get to sleep til 6:00AM, he still woke up at 9:30 and made french toast for me. (Probably my very favorite breakfast foods). He then dressed Madeleine up in her Easter dress and had her carry my present to me. 



She did a great job of bringing to me, but she wouldn't give it to me. She sat next to me on the bed clutching it and not let me touch it, so I had to wait a while to open it. In the mean while I "read" my card.


I was thrilled. I think most women would be pretty excited to get a Tiffany's necklace for Mother's Day, but I was even more touched because it crossed off an item on my 20's bucket list. 

"Own something from Tiffany's"

Okay, so maybe a bit shallow for a bucket list item, but I really wanted something from there. I was planning on running the Nike's Women half marathon to get something from Tiffany's. (That's what you get instead of a medal.) Matt thought that was a bad idea and wanting to save me the pain just got me this instead. He also said that it was really from Madeleine for being her mom.

No matter what the reason, it's lovely.

We ended the day skyping with our siblings that are all over the world. Mollie is in Chile. Anna is in Brazil, and Riley in LA. :)

It was wonderful day.

I hope yours was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment