Monday, October 29, 2012

Farmer's Market

Every once in a while, Matt and I actually do something out of our everyday routine. It's becoming more and more rare as the weather gets colder.

"Michele, what do you want to do for our date tonight?"
"Watch a movie from Redbox and huddle under the blankets."
"Good plan! And move your freezing toes!"

I have this weird thing that I hate having the heater on, because it gets all stuffy and warm, but if we don't, we both freeze. Matt freezes way more than me since baby makes a lot of body heat for me. (Perk of being pregnant.) It's really pathetic at night, because when I get up in the middle of the night, he'll move to my warm body spot, and then when I get back, he'll wiggle over to where ever I am in bed. It's really hopelessly cute.

Anyway, our house is constantly around 60 degrees, and it gets even colder when I open the window. So therefore we never leave (except for school).

But last Friday, we actually went and did something for thirty minutes before jumping in bed and drinking hot chocolate.

We went to the Farmer's Market at the Riverwoods! The Riverwoods is my favorite place in Provo. It has a Williams-Sonoma and a Victoria's Secret (which no one ever shops at and has the best selection for sales). It also has a Gymboree, which has recently been added to my list of favorite stores to lust in.

This week was their last farmer's market of the year, so they mixed it with a Halloween festival. Minus the live music, it was great!

They had a petting zoo. The best part were the cute toddlers in the petting zoo, but Matt kept reminding me that it was not a kid-petting zoo.  The next best part were the tiny 2 1/2 ft. ponies. They looked so pathetic standing there.
Pumpkin display #1
Matt is not a big Tim Burton fan, but I am!
I loved this display!

This is the Alice in Wonderland pumpkin display. Matt totally didn't recognize it.
I couldn't believe it. He said that only a few people probably knew what it was.
Just as he said this, a group of 8 yr old-ish boys came up and said "Hey! It's Alice in Wonderland."

Cat!
Anyway, after that we very quickly looked through the booths. Everything was so expensive! We have our local grocery store prices memorized, and everything cost more at the farmers market. :( I was quite sad. By then, Matt was freezing so we ate at 5 Guys, before going home.

When we got home, we quickly changed into our warm pjs. Matt grabbed hot chocolate in our giant teacups. (I ended up spilling half of mine all over the sheet.) And we watched Avengers under our wonderful Ralph Lauren comforter for the rest of our date, while poking baby to make sure she was still alive. 

I must confess, cuddling and drinking hot chocolate was way more fun than going out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment