Sunday, September 23, 2012

This week

This week has been pretty busy around here. Matt took his first test and graduate school applications opened up. I had my first assignment to turn in, and since Matt has been so busy, a lot of time to do crafts. :). 

Ward Activity
Saturday, we went to our ward 5 k. My hip has been popping out of joint, so I wasn't allowed to run it. Matt did though.
Matt before the run. He wasn't super thrilled about it.
Both of us, after the run (and walk for me). By then happy endorphins were kicking in and Matt was more awake. 
 Books
Matt and I had been reading this together for the last month or so. We both really enjoyed the whole book  minus the ending.  It kept us laughing and it wasn't a super long read. 

These are the two books I read this week. A Change of Heart was an interesting read. It was about cell memory in transplant organs. It was a bit strange, but I enjoyed it. 


This book has been Matt's mistress all week. ::shakes fist::

Crafts/Baby
 Baby is now in 3rd trimester! Woot! Less than 100 days until Christmas and baby!!!! (93 to be exact). She moves a lot, which is a lot of fun for us. Matt likes to watch my stomach move and we both like poking it. It's neat when you poke your stomach and it pokes back at you.

I have been working on baby's quilt for the last month or two and this week I finished it! We also made her mobile and stuff. So her corner of the room is done.
Her corner of room 
Close up of baby mobile
Matt is really proud of the origami pteranodons. 
I know you can't really see it, but the clouds are totally covered in glitter.
We also have stars on the ceiling in different constellations.
So when we turn off the lights, our ceiling still looks cool.
(Also great for me when Matt explains what he is learning in Astronomy.)
Closer up picture of the quilt. I'm really happy with quilts when I finish them .
Since they take 40+ hrs to make. 
 Matt says that's all that we have done that is interesting this week. So that's all folks. Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment