Monday, September 10, 2012

Random Things

Nothing super exciting has been going on lately. Matt does homework and I try to entertain myself without distracting him. (I’m really good at being distracting.) But here are few things going on...

Photos
Matt figured out how to get photos off our phones and onto the computer. It was tricky since neither of us have picture text, but here are some of my favorites.

This one and the next one are from when we were dating. We didn't take a ton of pictures (not like we take a lot now),  so getting these made us happy.
Those are rice and beans. If you were wondering.
Earlier this summer, we were walking to where we parked my parents car. Matt goes,  "Michele, there is something on the window. Do you think we got a ticket?" He was starting to stress out, since it wasn't our car, and Matt has never had a ticket. Turns out it was just a bag of cheetos, and being that flamin' hot cheetos are his favorite, I told him that was a sign from God that he needs to cut back on the chips. 


I was in Tenessee for mother's day, and only finished one of  the mother's day gifts. Matt was sweet enough to make the 2nd apron, and then took this picture to let me see it before he sent it. (I think he looks pretty cute too in an apron.)
This is my absolute favorite picture of Matt that I have. One day I was reading and Matt felt neglected. So he led a trail of m&m's to his lips in hopes of a kiss. 

Recipes
Also, we’ve been trying out new recipes, since not everything is making me sick again! Here are two that we did this week.
Tom Kha Gai; Rating: 9.73; Comments: Cut lemon grass shorter, add the galangal root from the other recipe (about the same amount as the ginger) and add coconut milk earlier to help thicken.
This recipe was pretty good. We ended up combining it with another recipe, and now we love it. Twice just this week alone. (We are so excited to have the weather down to the 80's so we can make soups again.)
Meat empanadas
Beef Empandas
I actually don't use this recipe. Since my grandfather is from Argentina, I've been making these since I was small, but I tried out her dough recipe today. It wasn't too bad.


Offspring
Whenever people ask me what it is like being pregnant, I tell them it’s like having the loch ness monster in my stomach. I like feeling her move all the time, and Matt is happy because my freak-outs that the baby is dead are happening less. (And when I do freak out, all I have to do is poke my stomach a few times and she’ll kick back.)
Baby at 24.5 weeks. She's over a pound now and still looks human. 
Photo: 24 weeks! (See? There is a slight bump.)
Me on the same day.  See? Physical evidence that she is pretty big. People are actually starting to notice I'm pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment