Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Runaway


This girl. She is my wild thing.

Today I made quesadillas with guacamole for lunch. Madeleine happily took her plate and was eating it on the porch. After a few minutes, she popped back in the house to tell me she needed more. I looked her in bowl and the quesadillas were there but the guacamole had been licked out. I told her she needed to at least take a few bites from the quesadillas before I'd give her more guacamole. 

Wrong answer.
She screamed and stomped around outside. Furious that I wouldn't budge.

After a while of this, she stopped crying.
"Bye Mommy. B's mommy, not you."

Then she ran off to my neighbor's home.
I could see her the whole way there.

I walked inside to grab my shoes before Baby X and I went off to get her.

When I got there, Madeleine was sitting on their lawn chairs eating her quesadillas.
"B gone."

I knew that they were at the park. I waited for her to finish eating, before asking her if she wanted to find "B and Dodger." She grabbed my hand and off we went to find our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment